Rutland Factory (Rutland Tannery)

The tannery seems to have been operated by the Tench family of Camac Place from the 1850s. The beginning of Rutland Avenue seems to have been regarded as part of Camac Place.


Owner / Occupier Information:

Thom’s Directory
1896-1904: W. R. Box and Co., Rutland tannery, Dolphin’s-barn
1922-1949: Rutland Factory (McNeight and Hayes), Camac-place


Building Details
Address: Camac Place, Rutland Avenue
Longitude: -6.292895
Latitude: 53.331350
Still exists: No
Date built: 1880<
Road(s): Rutland Avenue